PDA

View Full Version : Red Kite dorsal view

Mike Poole
08-18-2017, 08:21 AM

Another Red Kite from Wales. For me, these are a beautiful bird with great colourings, especially when they fan their tails right out

Canon 1dx
500mm f4is
ISO 2500
1/2500th f5.6

Mike

Ashkan Ojaghi
08-18-2017, 10:08 AM
Good looking dorsal view and great details Mike! I only wish for a better head angle/eye contact and I think it would make a huge difference if you added some canvas for more room on the right and the clipped wingtips should be easy to fix in PS.
Cheers

Bill Dix
08-18-2017, 11:19 AM
Great fanned tail, nice colors on the bird, which stands out nicely against the green bg. I rather like the head position.

Mike Poole
08-18-2017, 12:55 PM
Good looking dorsal view and great details Mike! I only wish for a better head angle/eye contact and I think it would make a huge difference if you added some canvas for more room on the right and the clipped wingtips should be easy to fix in PS.
Cheers

Hi Ashkan, thanks for stopping by. Can I ask how you are viewing this? I'm not sure where you're referring to with the clipped wingtips. Are you looking at the whole frame?

Mike

Ashkan Ojaghi
08-18-2017, 01:17 PM
My bad Mike! I had to reopen the attachment in a new window to see the full frame. The framing looks perfect to me now .

Cheers

Daniel Cadieux
08-18-2017, 02:26 PM
Pretty neat dorsal view and a nice look at the layering of the feathers. Head angle is OK for me too. I do find the dark area in ULC a touch distracting, perhaps lightening it, or cloning in some greens at lower opacity would work well.

William Dickson
08-18-2017, 07:04 PM
Lovely looking frame Mike. The bird pops well against the BG. Love that fanned tail.

Will

Glenn Pure
08-18-2017, 08:27 PM
A really magnificent bird and capture. I like it all - the pose with intense stare downwards as it looks for the next meal - the crop - the lighting - the dorsal view - the background. Absolutely top shot.

gail bisson
08-19-2017, 04:54 AM
This is a wonderful image. The kite is in prime shape with all feathers intact and no missing primaries!
Love the HA, IQ, dorsal view and BG.
Only suggestion to improve this image is to lighten up the dark area on lhs of frame.
Fantastic frame!

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-19-2017, 05:04 AM
I see what the folks say about the ULC being a tad dark, should be an easy fix. I can't see missing tips, perhaps bent?

I love the dorsal view mate. It is a top shot in my book and the head is also perfectly angled.