PDA

View Full Version : Theme Angry leveret ,Brown hare UK. Lepus europeas

Stuart Philpott
08-14-2017, 01:48 PM
I'm fairly sure this is not a yawn I know,/understand the behaviours on getting up, this was slightly different.i'm sure it's not me but the shutter noise that must be like a rifle shot to a baby hare that has wound her up.Essentially I feel she's just had her peace broken and is angry. When you spend alot of time with ,and images of ,hares, one slowly realises how incredibly expressive those faces are. I don't in any way feel I understand them yet,but every now and then there is that feeling they convey which is seemingly obvious.I wish I could hear to a higher level than I can ,I think there is sound with some of these faces

Anyway slight crop for comp processed in Dpp4.6
Canon 1div ext1.4iii
1/2500
f13
iso4000

Cheers for all the previous thoughts on my images apologies another hare. What can I say snoring doesn't go down well with deer:bg3:

take care

stu

Jonathan Ashton
08-14-2017, 04:36 PM
I like the pose good focus /expression, I have seen very few like that.. Colours look a little yellow to me.

Rachel Hollander
08-14-2017, 06:03 PM
Hi Stu - I like the feel of her sought of being in the middle of the veg or grass patch. Again, I think you need a 1/3 of a stop more exposure and agree on dropping the yellows just slightly.

TFS,
Rachel

John Mack
08-14-2017, 08:32 PM
Nice expression here. Really like the framing of the hare with the grasses.

Steve Kaluski
08-15-2017, 02:47 AM
Hi Stu, cracking POV, the viewer feels as if they are peering quietly through the vegetation at the Hare. Good that there is no vegetation over the face and the slight head turn helps. I might have thought f/11 would have been enough, plus it would have helped the ISO & SS. Keeping it simple, I might just pull back the Saturation, open the Shadows up a fraction and likewise the Black.

TFS
Steve

Stuart Philpott
08-16-2017, 03:38 AM
John Steve Rachel and Jon cheers for the kinds words and especially the notes on techs etc. Guys the notes on exp and techs incredible useful to me thankyou. I feel happier with colour, here,but yellows noted

take care

Stu.