PDA

View Full Version : LION

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-07-2017, 07:44 AM
A sub-adult (I assume) Lion at Masai Mara.
5D III
500 II
1/4000
f/7.1
ISO 800

Steve Kaluski
08-07-2017, 09:03 AM
Hi Sanjeev, I like the head on fixed gaze and open mouth, but feel the subject is a little lost within frame, coming in slightly on the crop would I feel help the image overall. The SS appears a tad high, 1/2000 would have been fine, any reason for the high SS, or perhaps this was from a previous encounter?

Upping the exposure by a third of a stop again and both Temp & Tint to say -5 (personal pref) gets the colour to a better point IMHO, you can then address if you wish, other colours, shadows, HL and if you so wish any Tonal Curve adjustment within ACR.

TFS
Steve

John Mack
08-07-2017, 08:07 PM
cool looking lion here like the eye contact and the composition.

Rachel Hollander
08-08-2017, 06:26 AM
Hi Sanjeev - Nice look at him. Hopefully his mane will grow in. I don't mind the negative space of the op. I think somewhere between your op and Steve's rp in terms of exp but colors do look better in the rp.

TFS,
Rachel

Gabriela Plesea
08-08-2017, 12:29 PM
Indeed a subadult and probably a naughty boy too?

Nice POV and good choice of DoF. The eye contact makes this image for me.

I also like the tighter framing and subtle tweaks in terms of colour in Steve's RP.

Lovely image Sanjeev, I really enjoyed viewing:S3:

Kind regards,

Mike Poole
08-08-2017, 11:13 PM
Nice frame here Sanjeev with the direct stare and the relatively low shooting angle.

Techs wise I think Steves RP has the nicer colours but I prefer the exposure on yours

Mike