PDA

View Full Version : Common Buckeye

Joseph Przybyla
08-02-2017, 09:38 AM
I captured this image at Alligator Point in Panacea, Florida. The background could be better but I could not pass up such a perfect butterfly. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 330mm
1/2500 F11 Matrix Metering 0 EV ISO 2200 AWB
Post processed in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC 2017
Cropped for composition and presentation

Jonathan Ashton
08-02-2017, 02:30 PM
That's a beauty Jo, I don't think many could pass up on a beauty like that! At first I thought it must be related to our Peacock butterfly but the latin names seem to bare no resemblance.
Lovely details and colour excellent plane of focus and DOF, back ground is a bit busy, if you were so inclined you could destructure and lower contrast in Viveza.

John Mack
08-03-2017, 10:27 AM
Beautiful butterfly in excellent condition the background is what it is.

Joseph Przybyla
08-04-2017, 06:45 AM
That's a beauty Jo, I don't think many could pass up on a beauty like that! At first I thought it must be related to our Peacock butterfly but the latin names seem to bare no resemblance.
Lovely details and colour excellent plane of focus and DOF, back ground is a bit busy, if you were so inclined you could destructure and lower contrast in Viveza.

Hi Jon, thank you for viewing, commenting and suggesting a way to improve the image. I have the Nik software loaded on the computer but do not use it often. I will give it a try. Lowering the contrast I understand but not sure what you mean by destructure. If you see this maybe you could explain. Thanks again.

Jonathan Ashton
08-04-2017, 09:06 AM
Hi Jon, thank you for viewing, commenting and suggesting a way to improve the image. I have the Nik software loaded on the computer but do not use it often. I will give it a try. Lowering the contrast I understand but not sure what you mean by destructure. If you see this maybe you could explain. Thanks again.

Jo when you open Viveza you will see brightness contrast and structure, so long as you don't overcook it is possible to get good results

Steve Maxson
08-07-2017, 11:36 AM
A beautiful specimen nicely captured! As noted above, the busy background detracts from an otherwise excellent image. :S3: