PDA

View Full Version : Theme Whitetail doe and fawn

John Mack
08-02-2017, 08:58 AM
Whitetail doe with her new born fawn. This fawn was probably born a couple days before i took this. One of the smallest ones i have ever seen. Image adjustments in Lightroom. Hand held, full frame.

Canon 5D MarkIII
Sigma 150-600 Contemporary
324mm
ISO 3200
f5.6
1/125sec

Jonathan Ashton
08-02-2017, 04:00 PM
I like the shot a nice moment, for me the image is too saturated, I went into PSCC and decreased Saturation by - 17

Rachel Hollander
08-02-2017, 05:20 PM
Hi John - What a sweet scene. I would once again prefer more room below and less above, moving the camera down in the field. I agree on too much saturation and perhaps contrast too. A little goes a long way.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-03-2017, 08:26 AM
Hi John, nice image with good head angles of both & eye contact. Agree on the saturation. TFS.

Basil Dardagan
08-03-2017, 10:12 AM
Lovely scene - what a cute little fawn. Ditto the saturation. Perhaps an overall slightly tighter crop would be worth a try

Steve Kaluski
08-05-2017, 03:40 AM
Hi John, as presented there is too much space above and not enough below, although I do like the position in frame and the way the two deer are posing. Even at this size the head of the female doesn't appear to be sharp and HH at 1/125 SS you really need to be rock steady. Agree on the comments above about being too Saturated, try next time to either peg it back or not add any, as this does seem to be a common issue on your images and as Rachel mentioned, a little goes along way, especially if you start to apply Vibrance to, which will push the yellows too.

TFS
Steve