PDA

View Full Version : WTK gives the eye

Jay Ing
07-26-2017, 11:26 PM
Not as close as I'd of liked but like the light and look of this WTK in flight.

D500+Sigma 500/4 - other settings not available right now - something like 3200, f4 or 5, HH

Glenn Pure
07-27-2017, 05:34 AM
Nice shot - good to see some illumination under the bird to bring out those lovely colours and details. As for possible improvements, there seems to be some noise in the background which could easily be fixed although I like the overall look of it and the contrast it provides. The black patch under the foreground wing could benefit from being pulled up to show detail if possible but the rest of the lighting adjustments look pretty good to me. The bird also looks like it could benefit from a touch more sharpening but I'm less confident on that. More expert eyes needed on that point! Overall, an image I'd be very happy with.

John Mack
07-27-2017, 07:51 AM
Nice bird like the light and the background. To bad the wing isn't fully up or down still nice though.

Bill Dix
07-27-2017, 08:14 AM
Great bird, with a terrific look at the eye. I agree with the comments above -- some NR and sharpening would help.

William Dickson
07-27-2017, 12:25 PM
Lovely looking bird. I also agree about the NR and sharpening, but well captured Jay. Nice POV. Did you get anymore with wings fully down or up?

Will

arash_hazeghi
08-02-2017, 08:41 PM
This is a great frame Jay, was it at CH? haven't seen these guys around for some time. TFS

Jay Ing
08-02-2017, 09:06 PM
None with the wings fully up/down I don't think (will have to check)... here's one with a more direct FOV though from the next day though. This was a younger fella.

Lovely looking bird. I also agree about the NR and sharpening, but well captured Jay. Nice POV. Did you get anymore with wings fully down or up?

Will

Jay Ing
08-02-2017, 09:08 PM
Thanks Arash. Yes CH. In a tree somewhat overlooking the little lake where the American Pelicans sit before heading back out to the bay. BTW, they Pelicans are back - but not every day (well, at least not everyday when I've been there)...

arash_hazeghi
08-03-2017, 12:21 AM
i think i know where the spot is, you got lucky this one was close enough!