PDA

View Full Version : Fairy-Terns in love.

Ilija Dukovski
07-26-2017, 08:41 PM
The wire is what it is. Oddly enough, the urban areas are exactly their habitats these days, at least in Hawaii. Hundreds of tourists and beach-goers, high-rise apartment buildings and bus stops around, and these guys don't seem to mind any of that. I've never seen this behavior in any other tern species.

Nikon D700, 300mm+TC1.4, f5.6, 1/1600, iso400.

Thank you,

Glenn Pure
07-27-2017, 05:41 AM
What a wonderful situation, captured at a tender moment. I can almost hear the bird on the left's pleasure - the fluffed up head feathers convey its state of bliss. As for possible improvements, I'm not clear why you chose this composition - perhaps you could provide more on that? Some lighting adjustments could also improve this IMO: lightening the dark undersides a little and lightening the bird on the left which currently looks a bit 'dirty'.

John Mack
07-27-2017, 07:49 AM
Pretty neat looking birds like how the right one is poking the left one.

Ilija Dukovski
07-27-2017, 08:52 PM
As for possible improvements, I'm not clear why you chose this composition - perhaps you could provide more on that? Some lighting adjustments could also improve this IMO: lightening the dark undersides a little and lightening the bird on the left which currently looks a bit 'dirty'.
Thank you Glenn,

The composition was a bit of experiment, tried to make the wire smaller, and get some as much of the deep blue as possible (this was a crop from landscape).

About the brightness, I don't know, I liked the feather details. I was losing them if the image was brighter, so I went a bit to the extreme. I guess I should brighten a bit the left bird selectively.

Thanks,

Ilija Dukovski
07-27-2017, 08:53 PM
Pretty neat looking birds like how the right one is poking the left one.

Thanks John, they do this a lot. I have a bunch of images in all cuddly poses imaginable :) .

Mike Hitchen
07-28-2017, 02:37 AM
What an adorable poe.
I agree with the comments about the white but I don't think the solution is to raise the exposure again. The attached image has just been through Nik White Neutraliser with no changes to exposure.