PDA

View Full Version : Marbled Godwit

Mike Poole
07-26-2017, 12:40 PM

Time for a (probably temporary!) break from Puffins, and back to Fort Desoto. Here there was some cloud cover which gave the lagoon a nice (in my opinion) high key look against the bird.

Canon 1dx
500mm f4 is
ISO 1250
1/1250th f4

Mike

gail bisson
07-26-2017, 03:29 PM
I knew this was from Fort DeSoto. Something about the light and water color.
Nice low POV and good DOF.
I would boost saturation on the bird a bit to show off the nice color in bill and feathers,
gail
PS Does this need a hint of CCW rotation?

David Salem
07-26-2017, 03:42 PM
Beautiful looking high key image Mike, Love the Pose and the nice details. I agree with Gail about bumping up the saturation a bit to give it some nice pop. Rotation looks good to me though. Well done

Arthur Morris
07-26-2017, 07:23 PM
Hi Mike,

You are practically in my neighborhood. Was this in July? I like everything about the image but the bird looks a bit over-sharpened and jangly to me ...

with love, artie

Bill Dix
07-27-2017, 08:20 AM
A lovely shot. Ditto comments above: yes to a little more saturation, a little less sharpening.

Mike Poole
07-27-2017, 09:36 AM
I knew this was from Fort DeSoto. Something about the light and water color.
Nice low POV and good DOF.
I would boost saturation on the bird a bit to show off the nice color in bill and feathers,
gail
PS Does this need a hint of CCW rotation?

Beautiful looking high key image Mike, Love the Pose and the nice details. I agree with Gail about bumping up the saturation a bit to give it some nice pop. Rotation looks good to me though. Well done

A lovely shot. Ditto comments above: yes to a little more saturation, a little less sharpening.

Gail, David, Bill, thanks for the crit, I've tried to address the saturation a bit below, and backed off the sharpening. The only output sharpening was a small amount around the eye.

Hi Mike,

You are practically in my neighborhood. Was this in July? I like everything about the image but the bird looks a bit over-sharpened and jangly to me ...

with love, artie

Thanks Artie, this was from back in April, a substitute photography morning after we unfortunately couldn't meet up at Gatorland. Hopefully this addresses the above points.

Mike

Arthur Morris
07-27-2017, 10:56 AM
Thanks Mike. July would have been quite a bit early for this species. Good job on the properly sharpened repost.

with love, artie

ps: I sharpen 99% of my 1200 wide JPEGs with Unsharp Mask at 110, 0.3, 0 ...

William Dickson
07-27-2017, 12:23 PM
Well done Mike, the repost sure makes the bird look better. I like the pose you got and the POV.

Will