PDA

View Full Version : Grey seal portrait

Andreas Liedmann
07-25-2017, 10:50 AM
Hi folks i am a bit quiet at the moment , due to lots of work at job .
Being working on a project that is very time consuming , many over hours to spend on that .Although being creative it is very different to the usual creative stuff you might think ....as i do plan and build artificial stone/ soil decoration made with special cement . I might post some images while making progress in another forum .

Meanwhile i just throw in this Grey Seal portrait .

Canon EOS 1Dx II
EF 200-400 IS L at 400 mm
HH

F 5,6 ; Iso 8000 ; 1/400 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC 2017 ; slight crop for comp from left and right

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
07-25-2017, 11:50 AM
Hi Andreas, nice to see you posting again.

Good techs and PP but I feel it's a tad big in frame, pull back to gains some breathing s[pace all round and then crop at PP I think would have been a better option. As it stands i would like to have had more image content below. The grey background adds separation to the subject, love those 'soulful' eyes.

TFS
Steve

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
07-25-2017, 11:52 AM
A very nice portrait with great amount of detail and superb eye contact. Well done Andreas. Hope you get back to posting more.

Mike Hitchen
07-25-2017, 12:30 PM
Another in you excellent seal series. I don't mind the tight framing at the bottom because here it is all in the eyes.

Mike Poole
07-25-2017, 01:50 PM
Personal preference would have been a touch more below, but now thats out of the way...

I really like the expression here Andreas, and this is certainly an attractive colouration for the Seal. Not sure if going for just a little more DoF would have helped - I'm sure your processing skills would have handled the increase in ISO.

Killer low POV again is a massive plus here

Mike

Gabriela Plesea
07-25-2017, 02:10 PM
Dear Boetie,
I would have liked a few more stones below, but what an awesome close-up this is! Love the colours and tonality and detail is superb. The eye contact brings so much emotion to this image. Let us not forget POV and that smooth BG, wonderful work my friend:cheers:

Kind regards,

Rachel Hollander
07-25-2017, 05:40 PM
Hi Andreas - I like frame-filling portraits and this works. The eyes are great and you got all the whiskers in. Yes, a little more below but not a deal breaker for me. Nice one.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
07-26-2017, 12:58 PM
Thanks very much folks , much appreciate your feedback
Yes with hindsight i think it is wee bit tight at the foot ....and Steve is right by saying shoot a little bit looser for more options ....but too late , will try to remember in Dec when i go back for the next generation of seals .

Thanks again Andreas