PDA

View Full Version : Hugable?

Rachel Hollander
07-20-2017, 07:00 AM
A pause in the action while these 2 one year old cubs play fought. You can see the inspiration for a teddy bear here.

Canon 7D2
100-400 II @ 400 mm
1/1250
f7.1
ISO 800
HH, ff, levels, curves, sharpened in PSCC.

C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks,

Rachel

Marc Mol
07-20-2017, 10:16 AM
A cute teddy bear moment indeed Rachel, love the embrace here.

Would have liked a tad more space all round and more of the other head showing, not a huge deal of course but I did take the liberty of a RP reducing the highlights/whites (via TK) here especially in their coats. WDYT?

TFS

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
07-20-2017, 12:11 PM
A very cute image indeed Rachel. I like the hug and the comp. nice colours and techs.

Rachel Hollander
07-20-2017, 05:28 PM
Thanks Marc and Sanjeev. Marc - I think the TK actions introduced a little too much yellow/orange in the areas but I'll take a look at the hls again.

Thanks again,
Rachel

Marc Mol
07-21-2017, 02:43 AM
Thanks Marc and Sanjeev. Marc - I think the TK actions introduced a little too much yellow/orange in the areas but I'll take a look at the hls again.

Thanks again,
Rachel

Yes, true an easy fix to reduce, this was just a quickie edit. :w3

haseeb badar
07-21-2017, 07:05 AM
Hi Rachel -- This is so nicely done , what a cute moment ! Liked what Marc has done in his RP , certainly takes it up a notch.
I guess you must have had a fantastic time out there with the Bears , your images speaks for that . loved it .

TFS !

Steve Kaluski
07-21-2017, 02:26 PM
Hi Rachel, like the thought they are embracing each other :S3:, Steiff would of had some inspiration here .

Agree that it is a wee bit tight all round, pulling back the zoom would have help and with Macs suggestion of toning down the highlights. The light was a bit harsh creating some wrong shadows along the jaw. I wonder if with the light coming from the left, moving more left may have helped? In an ideal world having both faces showing would have made the image, but hey, that's in an ideal world and you have to seize the moment.

Can't remember, did you say this was with Dale?

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
07-22-2017, 07:12 AM
Thanks Haseeb and Steve. Steve - no, not with Dale.

John Mack
07-22-2017, 10:36 AM
Cool scene of these two bears. I agree with the light being a little harsh.

Gabriela Plesea
07-22-2017, 11:35 AM
Very huggable! I want to grab them off the screen and play with them:bg3:

Technical aspects having been dealt with I shall not repeat what has been said. This is not too tight for me Rachel and in terms of exposure I think you made the best of the situation. Or maybe I am just too taken by those playful bundles of fur:tinysmile_shy_t: Do they growl when they play like that?

Colours are great and I like the textures in the fur, so pleased the eye is showing on the RHS cub and I like the expression you captured. Hope you have fun processing the rest of the images and I look forward to seeing more, thank you so much for sharing:w3

Warmest regards,

Rachel Hollander
07-22-2017, 02:14 PM
Thanks John and Gabriela, much appreciated.