stuart wanuck
07-15-2017, 06:44 PM
nikon d 800e
24-85 mm
polarizer
m 1/20 @ 7

Andrew McLachlan
07-16-2017, 06:07 PM
Hi Stuart, the over-cast lighting is perfect for this scene. The water has a nice blurred look to it at the chosen shutter speed too, but I also see a significant amount of cloning and repeating patterns along roughly one third of the left side of the composition that really does not work at all.

Adhika Lie
07-17-2017, 01:21 AM
Basically what Andrew said. The cloning is just too glaring at this point. However, the choice of shutter speed and light works so well here.

Don Railton
07-17-2017, 02:58 AM
Hi Stuart,

Got to agree with the guys above also.. The scene is beautiful and I like the execution & processing apart from the obvious cloning..

Don

stuart wanuck
07-17-2017, 11:23 AM
very good insight i moved the waterfall to the right to obtain better dynamics hence the cloning
will submit the original

stuart wanuck
07-17-2017, 11:28 AM
no cloning waterfall more centered???

Andrew McLachlan
07-18-2017, 06:53 PM
Hi Stuart, this is much more pleasing to look at without the cloning. The overall composition would work better if the waterfall was positioned more to the right and possibly even better as a horizontal assuming there are no distracting elements to affect a horizontal orientation. If the waterfall is nearby to your home you may wish to revisit and try out several various compositions in both horizontal and vertical. It does look like a lovely spot that I think you could work a little more for a very effective composition.

Don Railton
07-18-2017, 09:04 PM
Hi Stuart.

If you are pushed for room with your current lens set at this location maybe you could try stitching together multiple images? Its not so difficult if you haven't done it before.. Another portrait format image stitched on to the left of the posted image would make all the difference here i think. More Pixels too..!!

Don