PDA

View Full Version : Speckled 'Jim'

Steve Kaluski
07-15-2017, 08:08 AM
Pigeons are perhaps not the most attractive subjects to photograph, but I quite liked the light on this one whilst on an early morning walk a while back.

Thanks to those who posted or viewed the previous thread.

Steve

Subject: Pigeon in early morning light
Camera: Canon 1DX MKII
Lens: 200-400f/4 HH
Exposure: 1/2000s at f/5.6 ISO640
Original format: Landscape, slight crop from top, almost FF width
Processed via: LRCC & PSCC2017

John Mack
07-15-2017, 08:38 AM
Love the light here. That orange eye is nice as well. Wish the bird was fully lit by the sun but it is still nice.

Steve Kaluski
07-15-2017, 12:02 PM
Wish the bird was fully lit by the sun but it is still nice.

John the point was that the bird/subject was being 'spotlit' by the sun, if it was all lit then it would be a very boring shot IMHO :S3:.

Isaac Grant
07-15-2017, 02:56 PM
I like this very much. Think the light as presented is perfect. And I love the way the eye compliments the background colors perfectly. Very nice shot of perhaps the most overlooked bird on earth.

Stu Bowie
07-16-2017, 11:38 AM
Hi Steve, nothing wrong with Pigeons as subjects mate. :w3 Love the overall light in this, and in turn, its cast perfectly to show up the feather detail. Tack sharp, and I like the inclusion of the leaf. A nice moody image with the different light.

Jonathan Ashton
07-16-2017, 02:40 PM
An eye grabbing image it was certainly the light made the image so appealing. Pigeons may be a tad boring at times but when presented thus, it is a different story.

Mike Poole
07-17-2017, 04:21 AM
Loving the lighting on this one Steve. Its hard to get people interested in shots of subjects that are so common like these, but on this occasion it really works. Beautifully seen and presented.

Mike

Steve Kaluski
07-17-2017, 01:05 PM
Thanks folks. yes the light worked I thought on this one, perhaps the leaf could be darker, I thought it was OK.

Sadly I think i've had my 'belly full' of these as they were the only subject that came into view whilst waiting for one of my favourites this week and unannounced too. Although some have seen some pre post images, so time to sit down and take a look this week... :S3:

arash_hazeghi
07-20-2017, 07:25 AM
love the tone and flaring red here Steve, made a food example with a common bird

TFS

Steve Kaluski
07-21-2017, 07:25 AM
love the tone and flaring red here Steve, made a food example with a common bird

Thanks Arash. :wave: