PDA

View Full Version : Asian Elephant

Andreas Liedmann
07-14-2017, 10:59 AM
Hello folks going on with a Asian Elephant from Kaziranga NP in Assam .
Got this female and its calf in the water feeding on the water plants ....the calf had already left while i took the images of her .
Lighting was not ideal ..close to noon and coming from right behind .

Canon EOS 1Dx
EF 500 IS L II + 1,4 TC
HH sitting on the ground

F 8 ;Iso 800 ; 1/2000 sec

Processed with DPP 4.6.30 and PS CC 2017 ; slight crop for comp

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting.
Cheers Andreas

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
07-14-2017, 02:11 PM
Hi Andreas, though the lighting is not ideal the action and water splash makes up for the image. Well processed with nice sharpness & detail. A little more room below would have been nice but not a big deal.

Andrew McLachlan
07-14-2017, 07:28 PM
Hi Andreas...you handled the harsh lighting quite nicely in this scene...the splashing water adds a nice element to the scene too...very nice!

Rachel Hollander
07-15-2017, 06:57 AM
Hi Andreas - This is a fun image and the splash really makes the image. It's apparent the light was harsh but you handled it well. You've brought out the textures of the ele's hide really well.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
07-15-2017, 07:11 AM
HI Andreas -- A fun image indeed , liked the splashing water and you have handled the light exceptionally well. What's in her trunk , appears like tail of an animal :bg3: ! very nicely done.

I remember something similar( simialr frame)that you have posted earlier ?

TFS !

Steve Kaluski
07-15-2017, 10:48 AM
Love the fun aspect here Andreas with the swaying trunk and water. I might 'skew' the LHS with a mask to bring the water line more horizontal.

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
07-16-2017, 03:08 PM
A fun shotI am not in the least concerned about the lighting in fact I like it, it looks interesting.