PDA

View Full Version : Lickbrook

John Mack
07-13-2017, 08:29 AM
This is one of my favorite local waterfalls to capture. You have to go after some rainfall or it will just be a trickle as the gorge isn't connected to a major watershed. Camera on sticks triggered with remote.

Canon 5D MarkIII
Canon 24-105L f4
24mm
ISO 100
f11
1/4sec
B+W 77mm polarizing filter

Adhika Lie
07-13-2017, 07:05 PM
I like the dynamics from the movement of the water here and the leading lines in the foreground is very interesting.

Unfortunately the way everything leans here just doesn't work for me, John.

Andrew McLachlan
07-14-2017, 07:15 PM
Hi John, looks like a great location! I agree with Adhika's critique. I am wondering if this scene would work better as a horizontal but I think you need to move further to the left and also further to the right so that you can create a comp looking upriver towards the falls and also one looking downstream of the falls...in both cases the cascade would be on the right side of the frame. I think such framing would give the scene more impact. I also think I am seeing a tiny bit of green cast in the water. Looking forward to seeing more :)

Don Railton
07-15-2017, 07:32 AM
Hi John.. Ditto on both the above.. I just want to see more either side of the image with the flat section at the bottom of the falls horizontal. The good news is that you have a great subject to work with and Its worth a revisit I think.. As it stands however the leading lines formed by the water lead the eye right out of frame for me..

DON

stuart wanuck
07-15-2017, 06:43 PM
lovely swirling water

Michael Thompson
07-21-2017, 08:44 PM
I like the greens and soft water, i wonder if a clockwise tilt would help with the lean issue?