PDA

View Full Version : Well fed Osprey

John Whaley
07-13-2017, 07:03 AM
Look at the crop on this guy! Evening sun, mm,1/2500, f6.3, auto ISO-720, 500 f4E + 1.4III extender, D500. Basic edits in LR, small crop off the lhs and added a bit of canvas to the rhs, nr to bg and sharpened the subject in PS. cc

Daniel Cadieux
07-13-2017, 11:12 AM
Wow, its' crop is full! It's also rather bright, I'm sure you can find some more details in there during raw conversion, some parts of the legs too. Awesome pose with that fully flared tail. Good background - not crazy about the brightest band along the top edge, but overall this is an image with strong impact.

John Whaley
07-13-2017, 12:32 PM
Wow, its' crop is full! It's also rather bright, I'm sure you can find some more details in there during raw conversion, some parts of the legs too. Awesome pose with that fully flared tail. Good background - not crazy about the brightest band along the top edge, but overall this is an image with strong impact.
Daniel - Looking at it again it is bright. Reworked the original: Reduced the exposure, lowered the highlights on the tone curve, added clarity, and contrast, worked on the island in the bg and resharpened in PS. Hopefully an improvement. Thanks as always for the feedback.

Stu Bowie
07-13-2017, 02:05 PM
Hi John, thats a great flying pose showing the fully outstretched wings, and with a hint of some left overs in his talons. I quite the comp with the Osprey flying up into the frame from the bottom, and nicely framed against the blue of the water. If you do a mouse scroll, you can easily eliminate the brighter part of the upper BG.

arash_hazeghi
07-13-2017, 11:23 PM
Excellent light, pose details and BG, and very sharp. well done John

David Salem
07-18-2017, 08:46 AM
Fantastic Image John!! Love the pose and the BG colors. The light angle was perfect and the colors and details ROCK!! Very nice