PDA

View Full Version : Nottawasaga River

Andrew McLachlan
07-12-2017, 07:59 PM

We have been having a rather wet summer so far in south-central Ontario. The Nottawasaga River is a long river that winds its way through the countryside and out into Georgian Bay on Lake Huron. The river intersects several of the rural roads around my home. I captured this image of the swollen and muddy river from a bridge on a slightly stormy day. Looking on the bright side, all the rain is keeping the greenery very lush :)

Nikon D800
Nikon 18-35mm lens @ 32mm
ISO 400 (due to windy conditions)
f8 @ 1/60 sec
Nikon Polarizing Filter

Looking forward to comments and suggestions.

John Mack
07-13-2017, 08:19 AM
This is definitely a muddy river. The dark sky and lush green contrast with one another nicely.

Adhika Lie
07-13-2017, 07:08 PM
Blue and brown look very good together, Andrew. The sky also mimics the river very well in terms of shape and also texture. I am a little torn about the greens. It looks a little garish for me but I always have a hard time shooting greens outside the golden hour period. I would love to hear what others recommendation on that.

Don Railton
07-15-2017, 07:26 AM
Hi Andrew

It does look very Lush..! It's more like I expect to see in a Queensland rain forest... Its a simple image that well constructed IMHO Andrew. My only suggestion is to knock back the reflection on the water a little. I don't feel the green is over done...

Don

Andrew McLachlan
07-16-2017, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated!