PDA

View Full Version : Thistle Fuzz & Wildflowers

Julie Kenward
06-19-2008, 09:04 PM
The globe thistles were letting loose of their "fuzz" last night. This seedling ended up hooked to a patch of wildflowers via a spider's web.

Canon 40D, EF 70-200mm f/4L
ISO 100; f4 @ 1/200th
Late afternoon sun, handheld, AWB

Vertical crop from the original horizontal image.

Robert O'Toole
06-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Well the thumb looks, well uninspiring, but the image actually doesnt look bad at all. The placement of the seedling and the curves of the green stems makes a nice design.

I would maybe crop a little tighter to make the image a little less busy.

Robert

Kaushik Balakumar
06-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Beautiful. Very well seen & photographed. But in this frame there are too many elements which tend to distract me from looking at the seed caught up in the web. Simplifying by getting closer to the seed might help.

Gus Cobos
06-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Simply beautifull, I like the soft delicate tones...:cool:

Nonda Surratt
06-20-2008, 08:24 PM
I like the soft feel and the soft colors. Maybe a bit busy but I wonder about just removing the stem coming up on the left?

Mike Moats
06-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Hey Julie, Its a busy image but I think it works well. I like the flow of the stems, and the fuzz stands out well. I like the DOF, just enough for some nice soft details.

Julie Kenward
06-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks everyone. I tried a few crops (even went horizontal) but couldn't isolate a better look. I still think it works despite how busy it is because the DOF was cooperating but I'm like most of you - a few more elements missing from this would have made me a happier camper.