PDA

View Full Version : European Bison portrait

Andreas Liedmann
07-09-2017, 01:59 PM
Hi all just another Bison from Kraansvlak ....i am waiting for september to return , as the area is closed for the public during bird breeding season .
This was my first encounter with this species ...
The 500 was too long for the Bisons coming close by ....as i did not expect them to be so close .

Canon EOS 1Dx II
EF 500 IS L II
HH

F 9 ; Iso 16000; 1/3200 sec , with hindsight i might have saved on stop of ISO by lowering the SS

Processed with DPP 4.6.30 and PS CC 2017; slight crop for comp

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread...

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
07-09-2017, 05:05 PM
Hi Andreas - Very nice portrait of this bison. I like the tilted head and the eye contact. It does look like there was enough light for you to drop the ISO and still maintain a decent ss. The warm brown tones are also nice.

TFS,
Rachel

Jonathan Ashton
07-10-2017, 04:12 AM
I know it is a bit obvious but it is the light that makes this frame, love the shadows and highlights. I am sure you looked at the nose but I wonder if it is possible to lower the highlights a little, I think the epithelium on his nose would be more apparent.

Steve Kaluski
07-10-2017, 06:13 AM
Pretty cool for 16K ISO, just not a lover of the jaunty HA.

TFS
Steve

haseeb badar
07-10-2017, 07:31 AM
Hi Andreas -- Such a cool looking subject , loved the details at such a high ISO , nicely processed .

TFS !

Gabriela Plesea
07-10-2017, 02:21 PM
Hallo Andreas:)

I returned this morning from a stunning week-end in the wilderness, had some lovely sightings but mostly in poor lighting conditions (late afternoon), those dictated similar ISO and sometimes higher... I am a bit afraid to look at those frames tonight...so I decided to look at yours instead:)
In a nutshell, I think you've done a wonderful job in the field as well as with PP work here. Framing is great, good colours and tones and nice detail on the subject. I take it you got pretty close to the Bison here, too much lens Boetie?:bg3: Love the shiny nose and those unforgiving eyes, he might be a young fellow but that look on his face tells me he is all business... very well captured my friend:)

Warmest regards,

Andreas Liedmann
07-10-2017, 02:45 PM
Thanks folks for your comments and suggestions ....much appreciated .:wave:
Jon i tried to lower the lighter parts ....it didn īt work for me , so i left it .
Anyhow thanks for your thoughts

Cheers Andreas