PDA

View Full Version : Tasty!

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
07-09-2017, 11:16 AM
One more Cheetah frame from my recent trip. A cheetah seems to enjoy his meal at Masai Mara. I reduced the magentas a bit but do let me know if I need to adjust more. Hope you like it.
7D II
100-400 II @ 400mm
1/500
f/7.1
ISO 1600

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
07-09-2017, 12:17 PM
Here is another version with adjustment to the White Balance. Let me know what you think.

Andreas Liedmann
07-09-2017, 02:08 PM
Hi Sanjeev a very cool frame of the Cheetah ...like it .
The blood staind mouth and the tongue is the icing on the cake ....well timed !!!!
Framing looks good with the right amount of space around the subject .

Image in pane 1 is just a tad too dark and the colors are looking off for me , use the full tonal range of the histogram and up the exp a fraction ...my thoughts .
Image in pane 2 looks better in terms of WB but still the whole stretch of the histogram is not used ....and i would still adjust exp a fraction ...look at the blues in the darker parts even the lighter breast has some blue coming through .

Just my vision ...just wondering why you ate fighting with the colors , if i recall your older postings i have not seen it that often ....

TFS Andreas

Rachel Hollander
07-09-2017, 05:00 PM
Hi Sanjeev - A nice close up of the cheetah. The blood, tongue and eye contact all take this portrait up a notch. I agree with Andreas' assessment and suggestions.

TFS,
Rachel

Jonathan Ashton
07-10-2017, 04:08 AM
Great shot Sanjeev but the colours are awry, I cannot add to what has been said but apart from the colours it looks very good to me.

Steve Kaluski
07-10-2017, 06:12 AM
Just my vision ...just wondering why you ate fighting with the colors , if i recall your older postings i have not seen it that often ....

Sanjeev I agree with this, you seem to be going round in circles, it like folk chopping and changing Raw converters, stick to one route of WF that you are happy with and Master it. I think you are jumping around from one element back to another. Pano 2 is better but you then need to build on that, folk seem to think if you get the WB correct and I mean correct, that's it, no you then have to build on that 'keystone', that is where the journey just starts.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
07-10-2017, 06:57 AM
Thanks Steve. Will work on it.

Steve Kaluski
07-10-2017, 07:12 AM
Sanjeev, what is the Raw converter you are HAPPY and feel comfortable in using DPP or ACR?

haseeb badar
07-10-2017, 07:30 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- a nice blood stained portrait and I agree with the above , hope you sort out the colour issues .

TFS !

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
07-10-2017, 08:15 AM
Steve, right now I am comfortable using the Canon DPP (followed by PS) but am now trying out the ACR.

Gabriela Plesea
07-10-2017, 01:51 PM
Dear Sanjeev,

Wonderful sighting and capture, well exposed, the blood adds tons of drama. If you get the WB right you have a stunner. Maybe consider taking a bit off the LHS of the frame when you RP, how about a tighter comp?

What lovely powerful cheetah you have here, so few left in the wild... A very special sighting Sanjeev, thank you so much for sharing,

Kind regards,