PDA

View Full Version : American Robin Head-Turn

Daniel Grossi
07-08-2017, 08:41 AM
Just a Robin. It was a slow day, but I can always count on these common birds for a few keepers. On an unrelated note - I believe this is my last "BPN Limited Member" post.

Nikon D500 (Handheld)
Nikkor 600mm f/4E FL ED VR
1/500
f/5.6
ISO-400
Center Weighted Average

Cleveland, Ohio USA
June 2017
Warm and partly sunny a few hours after sunrise.

Stu Bowie
07-08-2017, 10:11 AM
Hi Daniel, well timed for the head turn, and overall well exposed. I quite like the jagged perch too, and all set against a smooth BG.

As this is your last post as a limited member, what better time to sign up as a fully fledged member. :w3

Daniel Cadieux
07-08-2017, 10:54 AM
Nice head turn, and great perch. background is good too. Pointing your lens a bit more to the left, or flipping your gear to a vertical, would have both been good ideas to strengthen the comp IMO. Sharp, well exposed.

Daniel Grossi
07-08-2017, 01:44 PM
Hi Daniel, well timed for the head turn, and overall well exposed. I quite like the jagged perch too, and all set against a smooth BG.

As this is your last post as a limited member, what better time to sign up as a fully fledged member. :w3

Thanks Stu! He kept looking around, I was just waiting for that head to angle toward me. I'll certainly be joining As a full member. The quality of critique and advice I've received on here has far exceeded my expectations. I've made huge improvements in the past 90 days that I'm sure I would not have had I not joined.

Daniel Grossi
07-08-2017, 01:45 PM
Nice head turn, and great perch. background is good too. Pointing your lens a bit more to the left, or flipping your gear to a vertical, would have both been good ideas to strengthen the comp IMO. Sharp, well exposed.

Thanks Daniel. I have been shooting a ton more verticals lately now that you mention it. I'm going to revisit this in LR and see what a vertical would have looked like.

Jonathan Ashton
07-10-2017, 11:56 AM
A fine shot I like the pose and the detail is excellent. Take the grey and red away and it is a European blackbird.

Daniel Grossi
07-10-2017, 04:20 PM
A fine shot I like the pose and the detail is excellent. Take the grey and red away and it is a euro pean blackbird.

Thanks Jonathan!