PDA

View Full Version : Red squirrel Sciurus vulgaris

Jonathan Ashton
06-30-2017, 11:30 AM
Canon 1DX, Canon 500mm f4 L S II
Manual ISO 16000
Manual 1/1600 sec, f8
ACR & PSCC

Another shot from the Finland taiga, I waited and waited, I wanted that raised paw, she did it for me twice, head angle not perfect but it will do.
All C&C welcome

Steve Kaluski
06-30-2017, 12:15 PM
Works for me Jon, tried to keep the tech stuff to a minimum too.

TFS
Steve

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
06-30-2017, 01:55 PM
A fine image Jon, love the pose with that raised paw and the bushy tail. Nice separation of the subject from the BG. Great colours too.

Mike Poole
06-30-2017, 03:58 PM
Nice colours on this one Jon, albeit they look a lot more red than our. There is possibly a bit of magenta coming through in the whites though.

Unconventional pose but its good to see something different,

Mike

Jonathan Ashton
06-30-2017, 04:50 PM
Works for me Jon, tried to keep the tech stuff to a minimum too.

TFS
Steve

Yes I did - how was this apparent to you?

Rachel Hollander
06-30-2017, 05:23 PM
Hi Jon - A fun image and looks good at this size for the high ISO. Only thing that I find a bit distracting is the space between the squirrel's body and the trunk of the tree. Maybe reduce the blue there to more of the gray below it.

TFS,
Rachel

Jonathan Ashton
07-01-2017, 03:59 AM
Hi Jon - A fun image and looks good at this size for the high ISO. Only thing that I find a bit distracting is the space between the squirrel's body and the trunk of the tree. Maybe reduce the blue there to more of the gray below it.

TFS,
Rachel

Hawk eye!! Quite right Rachel, there was a bright blue bird feeder there, the trouble was when making a mask I could not get the smart radius ideal, I ran out of patience to be honest because I had done a lot of processing for an article I had been writing. (Poor excuse I know, so serves me right!)

haseeb badar
07-01-2017, 07:38 PM
Hi Jonathan -- This is a lovely image , well framed , nice details and lovely colours , loved it all the way ! TFS !

Gabriela Plesea
07-03-2017, 01:16 PM
I really like this Jon, very different, nice techs too.

Pose is superb. Love the raised paw, subject very alert and that surprised look is priceless:)

Well seen and captured, thank you so much for sharing:w3

Kind regards,

keith mitchell
07-07-2017, 11:04 AM
Jon I like this very much and pleased you explained the blue thing,you have really caught that lovely thick winter coat that those guys will need over in cold Finland,very nice indeed.

Keith.