View Full Version : Lapwing

William Dickson
06-28-2017, 12:29 PM
Canon 1DX
f/4 500mm
f/8
1/2000
ISO 800

Another from my trip to Cairngorm, last weekend. I was happy to get close to the bird, as they are always aware of their surroundings. Processed in DPP4 and PhotoshopCC

Will

Alex Becker
06-28-2017, 04:15 PM
Congrats on getting close to this one. Nice looking details throughout, and you got a nice HA with that tuft of feathers, and I like the raised leg. To me, the whites look a bit grey and toned down and I would maybe clone out the purple bit above the raised foot. I'm also wondering if a 3:2 crop would work better as it feels a little tight IMO. TFS

Arthur Morris
06-28-2017, 07:04 PM
Tight for me too. And definitely going uphill. Am I correct in assuming that this is a worn juvenile? Very sharp with a good exposure and great image quality. And I love the raised foot.

with love, artie

William Dickson
06-29-2017, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. I think it may be a juve Artie, not quite sure, but the crest is smaller than the usual. Although, the females crest is also shorter than the males.

Will

Arthur Morris
06-29-2017, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. I think it may be a juve Artie, not quite sure, but the crest is smaller than the usual. Although, the females crest is also shorter than the males.

Will

I will confirm it then on general principle . The notches that fringe the individual feathers are surely a sign of a young (obviously worn) bird. with love, artie