View Full Version : Wild Grape

Mitch Carucci
06-21-2017, 11:01 AM
New Leaf.

Focus stack (9 images)
Tokina 100mm @ F8

John Mack
06-22-2017, 11:40 AM
Like the greens here, the background could be better. The dark upper left corner and the right side are distracting.

Allen Sparks
06-22-2017, 12:32 PM
Hi Mitch,
I like the details captured and how the leaf seems to be frozen in place. While the other elements do draw the eye away some, I think this is well done as the leaf is well placed in the image with a sense of place.
Allen

Steve Maxson
06-24-2017, 02:03 PM
I love the patterns and detail on the leaf! The greens look just a bit oversaturated on my monitor and tend to draw my eye away from your subject. I think this would also look great as a vertical comp - if you wanted to reduce some of the other elements in the frame. :S3: This is very well done!

Jonathan Ashton
07-07-2017, 04:33 AM
A good way oversaturated for me but the leaf is beautifully sharp. I fell however that it looks a little false in this context becasue you would not see such a stark contrast in focus under normal circumstances. would suggest desaturating a little and checking contrast then I think the sharp difference in focus may look a little more natural.

Mitch Carucci
07-13-2017, 02:50 PM
I agree, it does look too punchy. I had to buy a new printer, and that combined with a recent monitor that I have not really calibrated well enough is part of the problem...
Thanks for your comment.
M.C.