PDA

View Full Version : Theme Clay-colored Sparrow

Joseph Przybyla
06-19-2017, 06:02 PM
This image is from a trip to Bald Point State Park in Panacea, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 400mm
1/2000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 320 AWB. camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC 2017, removed unwanted vegetation from the background in Photoshop
Cropped for composition and presentation

John Mack
06-19-2017, 07:12 PM
Nice composition and background the bird looks a little soft to me.

Joseph Przybyla
06-19-2017, 07:48 PM
Nice composition and background the bird looks a little soft to me.

Hi John, I revisited the image changing a couple things. I think the softness you saw might have been because of low contrast, sometimes images that are low contrast appear soft. Here is a repost.

arash_hazeghi
06-20-2017, 12:35 AM
delicate bird on a delicate perch. nice BG too, I think the repost is a bit too contrasty. would go with the original and add bit more sharpening. TFS

Joseph Przybyla
06-20-2017, 06:01 AM
delicate bird on a delicate perch. nice BG too, I think the repost is a bit too contrasty. would go with the original and add bit more sharpening. TFS

Thanks Arash, after reading your comment I revised the image as you suggested. Thanks again for viewing and commenting.

Jonathan Ashton
06-21-2017, 12:19 PM
I like the image something is just not quite there for me - was it a big crop? Was the first oversharpened and the second under sharpened? I sense the image is good but something not quite right in the processing.

Joseph Przybyla
06-21-2017, 03:09 PM
I like the image something is just not quite there for me - was it a big crop? Was the first oversharpened and the second under sharpened? I sense the image is good but something not quite right in the processing.

Hi Jon, thank you for viewing and commenting. I would say the crop was larger than I would have liked it to be but I liked the setting/image a lot so I worked it up. After reading yours and Arash's comments I began again with the original, fewer things done to this in post. Here is a repost of the redo.

Jonathan Ashton
06-22-2017, 02:30 AM
Jo, I still have some reservations, maybe it was the light or even perhaps a slight breeze.... is the eye pin sharp at 100%?