PDA

View Full Version : Hogg's Falls

Andrew McLachlan
06-18-2017, 08:35 PM

A recent capture from a visit to Hogg's Falls on the Boyne River along the Niagara Escarpment near Flesherton, Ontario. I have made many trips here over the years as it is only a one hour drive from my home, but since purchasing the Laowa 12mm f2.8 Zero D lens I have a strong desire to revisit many of my favorite destinations to created extreme wide angle views of the scenes. A Nisi filtering system was used to allow me to polarize this extreme wide angle view.

Nikon D800
Laowa 12mm f2.8 Zero D Lens
ISO 50
f16 @ 1/5 sec
Nisi Polarizing Filter

Looking forward to comments and suggestions.

Don Railton
06-18-2017, 09:41 PM
Very Beautiful... I love this Andrew! I think your shutter is about perfect, enough time to blur the water but not so long as to eliminate the dynamics.. Image looks sharp and well processed, although there is a very small blue patch in the lower RH corner which I would remove. I got to get one of these lens... Good stuff..

DON

Don Lacy
06-19-2017, 12:21 PM
Wonderful image Andrew, The key to using extreme wide angles is to have a strong foreground to anchor the image which you have done here. I am really thinking about getting this lens will make an awesome astro lens as well the reviews I have read on it say it has very little coma.

Andrew McLachlan
06-19-2017, 07:41 PM
Thanks Don and Don...I will fix-up the lower right corner as mentioned by Don R. Don L I have not yet tried it for any nightscapes but do plan to do so as soon as I have the opportunity, which I thought was going to be last Saturday as conditions were good for northern lights but thunderstorms rolled in so I went to bed. I am quite pleased with the lens so far and highly recommend it.

Mike Singh
06-21-2017, 03:27 AM
Very nice composition and processing!

stuart wanuck
06-25-2017, 09:10 AM
yes quite a capture