PDA

View Full Version : Spotted Sandpiper Stretch-and-go!

Daniel Cadieux
06-17-2017, 06:44 PM
After a rather lengthy preening session this Spotted Sandpiper decided to take off, but not before offering the most perfect double wing stretch one could hope for.
Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/1600s., f/5.6, ISO 400, natural light, handheld, added a bit of canvas top and right, darkened the pupil, lightened the shadow on the raised leg.

Isaac Grant
06-17-2017, 07:51 PM
Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on a killer frame. As you said you have the most perfect wing stretch here, a perfect background and great eye contact. I still remember to other frame you posted of the Spotted Sandpiper against that green background, but this one may be better.

annmpacheco
06-17-2017, 09:07 PM
Great frame Daniel, i agree, love the wing stretch and HA... wonderful. Glad you added canvas, placement of the SPSA works beautifully. A side note: there was a late season snowy owl on the tern island, feasting away. Upon inspection of the many pellets, i would always find feet of the spotted sandpiper. I quickly learned that they are the shorebird with webbed feet... Nice work!

gail bisson
06-18-2017, 05:30 AM
Perfect wings up position.IQ is excellent and bird is tack sharp.
I might add a couple of points of blacks to the neutrals to punch up the bird a tiny little bit but otherwise no nits from me!
A beautiful frame,
Gail

Randy Stout
06-18-2017, 08:29 AM
Daniel:

Really showing off those wings! Like the color harmony with the rock. Soft light, well exposed.

Well cropped, but I could see an alternative version cropped vertically, to really play up those long wings. More a dance pose, rather than a getting ready to fly away.

Cheers

Randy

Alex Becker
06-18-2017, 09:58 AM
Killer pose, bg, and perch. I like the composition here. Eye work looks good. Really nice Daniel, TFS

Bill Dix
06-18-2017, 03:50 PM
As you say, you can't get a better wing stretch. And the raised foot adds to the dynamic feel. Not to mention the perfect HA. Comp works nicely for me. Thanks for sharing.

Gabriela Plesea
06-22-2017, 04:04 AM
A beauty, Daniel!
Superb pose from the subject and killer BG, very well composed. Nice techs, perfect exposure, great colours, oh-this-just-works:cheers:

Warmest regards,