PDA

View Full Version : Severe Hail storm hitting Downtown Minneapolis!

Michael Thompson
06-14-2017, 10:54 PM
I found a parking ramp to watch this crazy storm roll in, so I could get my car out of the hail before it it. It was a good view! The hail was so heavy, some parts of the city needed to plow it off the streets!

Canon 6D, Rokinon 14 mm at f/4, 1600 iso, 1/160th seconds handheld.

Mike Hitchen
06-15-2017, 08:09 AM
WOW! That is one dramatic picture, and well framed.

Don Railton
06-15-2017, 09:37 PM
Very Dramatic Image indeed Michael..! Glad you were able to capture and save the car from damage.. We had a sever hailstorm in Perth a few years ago that left a belt of trees stripped bare and piles of leaves on the ground as high as a car... and the cars caught out in this had a golf ball finish applied by Mother Nature.. Regarding your image, I would check your white balance again Michael, there appears to be a green Hue over the image that I can correct with a colour balance layer but you would be better off doing the colour correction with WB up front..

DON

Michael Thompson
06-16-2017, 08:51 AM
Hi Don, Wow, that sounds pretty bad! I am sure we had some damage to the cars that were out too. I am not sure about removing the green, because that was really the actual color of the storm and everything turned dark green as it was moving in! Crazy weather!

Andrew McLachlan
06-18-2017, 08:28 PM
Hi Michael...my first thought was the green hue, but you were there and know best how to represent the color of the weather system. Have you considered correcting the distortion within the image?...all the buildings are leaning into the center of the composition.

Don Lacy
06-19-2017, 12:24 PM
This image really captures the power and beauty of nature. Agree with the lens correction if you use photoshop or lightroom there are some good cutom profiles you can download for this lens.

Michael Thompson
06-20-2017, 07:53 AM
Thanks! I would be interested in correcting the lens distortion. I am on adobe CC. what applications do I need to add?