Somewhere on the Northern Ireland Coast

Canon 5DSr +24-70mm at 28mm
ISO 100
Shutter 0.5s
Aperture f/18

Don Railton
06-13-2017, 07:58 AM
Hi Lance

Welcome to the Landscape forum...You too have a very nice first post, albiet with a few changes that i would like to suggest for you.. I do like your composition and the cloud formation is excellent. The lighting on the distant island is wonderful. What I am not so keen on is the colour of the cloud, it has a very strong magenta cast up top but not so on the Horizon.. This seems a little strange to me. I also am a little disappointing in the sharpness, especially of the rock lower RH corner. My disappointment is partially because I am considering buying on of these cameras and I am now wondered how you took & processed this.. Finally, you have a dust bunny in the cloud about 11/2 inch in from the LHS... I Would love to see many more of your images. So, what do you think of the camera??

regards

DON

Michael Thompson
06-14-2017, 10:31 PM
Nice ocean setting. I agree with Don re the clouds, looks like darkening, color was added, it doesn't match the rest of the image.

Andrew McLachlan
06-18-2017, 08:23 PM
Hi Lance, welcome to the landscape forum. I do agree with Don on the clouds and the strong magenta cast. You do not mention using a graduated ND filter but the sky has the look of a misplaced grad filter. Once you fix up the sky you will have a lovely image :)

Lance van de Vyver
06-19-2017, 03:19 AM
Thanks everyone. I forgot to mention it was in fact an ND added to the sky.....the say Lee filters don't have a color cast but I guess they are wrong 😃

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Don Lacy
06-19-2017, 12:40 PM
Hi lance, Agree with the others on the magenta cast in the sky and the foreground rocks are not sharp and the should be at f/18 so I am guessing you focused on the far island when you should have focused on the foreground. The biggest issue I see is the poorly placed split ND you can clearly see the difference between exposure in the sky so you need to be more precise when using one. When I did use split ND I would slide them up in down in the filter to clearly see the where the transition was now a days I just shot multiple exposures and blend them in PS.