PDA

View Full Version : Four Spot Pennant (male)

Joseph Przybyla
06-10-2017, 07:07 AM
I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 400mm
1/2000 F/8 Matrix Metering EV + 1/3 ISO 640 AWB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC 2017, out of focus foliage removed and canvas added
Cropped for composition and presentation

Allen Sparks
06-12-2017, 08:49 PM
Hi Joseph,
I like this high key image and the details on the thorax, legs, and wings look good. Nicely composed. Were you dealing with wind?
I'd clone out the light gray area in the lower left.
A very fine image.
Allen

Jonathan Ashton
06-13-2017, 04:34 PM
Good focus Jo, purely personal I am not keen on the rather almost clinical white background. The dragonfly looks good with an ideal DOF, I feel it is well displayed on that stem.

Joseph Przybyla
06-14-2017, 10:15 AM
Good focus Jo, purely personal I am not keen on the rather almost clinical white background. The dragonfly looks good with an ideal DOF, I feel it is well displayed on that stem.

Hi Jon, the background was a overcast sky. When exposing for the dragonfly it became a white sky, not much I could do. Thank you for viewing and commenting.

Joseph Przybyla
06-14-2017, 10:16 AM
Hi Joseph,
I like this high key image and the details on the thorax, legs, and wings look good. Nicely composed. Were you dealing with wind?
I'd clone out the light gray area in the lower left.
A very fine image.
Allen

Hi Allen, as I remember I do not think there was much wind. Thank you for viewing and commenting.