PDA

View Full Version : Symmetry in Nature

Krishna Prasad kotti
06-07-2017, 08:20 AM
Hi All,

I am posting my first Image in this forum. I Love to photograph Bird and Nature. Recently I started photographing Landscapes ..

This image was taken in Bear Lake, Rocky Mountains National Park.

I was hiking and I liked the symmetry which prompted me to take this image

Nikon D500, 24-120 f/4
ISO 400, f/8, 1/640 sec

Let me know your comments and critiques.

Thanks
Krishna

Don Railton
06-07-2017, 09:09 PM
Hi Krishna

Welcome to the landscape forum! We need as many participants as we can get. Very pleasing image you have here and I do like the symmetry and the composition, its all nicely balanced for me. Suggestions...You have apparently lost a little detail in patches in the snow on the edge of the water, maybe you might be able to recover these from the RAW using the highlights slider. This might help bring out more detail in the cloud also.. I also think you could so a little more selective sharpening on the trees, not by much though. For me, a very nice first post..

Don

Krishna Prasad kotti
06-08-2017, 05:54 PM
Hi Don,

Thank you for the comments and feedback

Andrew McLachlan
06-09-2017, 10:24 AM
Hi Krishna, welcome to the Landscape forum...and a very nice first post too. My suggestion echoes Don's comments regarding the patches of snow as they do seem to be a little over exposed, but likely recoverable. Looking forward to future landscape imagery from you!

Krishna Prasad kotti
06-10-2017, 07:55 PM
Thank you all for the great comments and Feedback

Don Lacy
06-19-2017, 12:43 PM
Hi Krishna, Sorry for the late reply, I really like the composition of this image the distant mountain in the left of the frame nicely balances the image. Well seen and captured.