PDA

View Full Version : Pre - sunrise Osprey

Mike Poole
06-07-2017, 07:35 AM

Last morning of my holiday in Florida, and I took an early walk along East Beach in Desoto. This Osprey was one of a pair hanging around in the early morning lightened I liked the colours in the sky so kept the framing loose.

Canon 1dx
500mm f4 is
ISO 3200
1/500th f4

Mike

Joseph Przybyla
06-07-2017, 08:33 AM
Beautiful bird, lovely Ft. Desoto light. The pinks and blues of the sky are gorgeous, nice soft light on the bird. A better perch would have taken this over the top but we have to play the hand that is dealt. Thank you for sharing, Mike.

Marina Scarr
06-07-2017, 03:27 PM
Stunning sunrise you captured here and the osprey is so full of feather details. Hope you had a great visit!

William Dickson
06-07-2017, 03:28 PM
Agree with Joe about the colours in the sky, they are very nice. I don't mind the perch, I think having it all in focus makes it look good. Bird looks nice. Well done Mike.

Will

Mike Poole
06-08-2017, 06:43 AM
Beautiful bird, lovely Ft. Desoto light. The pinks and blues of the sky are gorgeous, nice soft light on the bird. A better perch would have taken this over the top but we have to play the hand that is dealt. Thank you for sharing, Mike.

Thanks Joe. I know jealousy is a bad thing, but the more time I spend in Florida, the more I'm envious of the opportunities you guys have!

Mike

Mike Poole
06-08-2017, 06:45 AM
Stunning sunrise you captured here and the osprey is so full of feather details. Hope you had a great visit!

Thanks Marina, and thanks for your help regarding locations. I ended up doing fewer of them than I'd planned due to 'wasting' some time at sea shark diving when we lost some time due to weather conditions, but the more time I spend in Florida the more I appreciate the place.

Mike

keith mitchell
06-08-2017, 07:32 AM
This is beautiful Mike,setting like this and your feet in warm sand I remember it well and hope to get back one day.

Keith.

Isaac Grant
06-08-2017, 08:24 PM
Very pleasing image. Beautiful color palette with that pastel sky. Nice details on the bird and perch. I have seen so many Osprey images but this one stands out as being different and interesting. Very nice job.

Michael Thompson
06-09-2017, 09:50 PM
very nice colors and composition, I actually like the perch, mabye it is because most osprey in Minnesota like platforms and cell towers haha:e3