PDA

View Full Version : Alpine Swift

Svetoslav Spasov
06-19-2008, 12:27 AM
<o></o>Taking pictures of flying swifts isn’t easy task. It took me about 2 hours and over 300 shots to get this one and it is not perfect at all. However, it was a great fun and pleasure to do this. <o>

</o> 350D, 300mm f4 IS, ISO 400, 1/3200, f4, ec +1/3, AI Servo AF, low light at <st1:time minute="0" hour="19">7.00 pm</st1:time>

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-19-2008, 02:12 AM
I think it is still a nice result for the effort you had put in. I would personally add a little canvas to the top as it feels a tad tight and tone the whites down too, they are a little hot the way I see it.

Still your efforts are noble and you ought to be proud, as I am certain these birds are extremely difficult to capture. :)

Alfred Forns
06-19-2008, 07:50 AM
The key to these images of fast moving, erratic flying and generally uncooperative birds is wind !!! You need a strong wind with the right sun angle and your odds will increase !!!

Light was from the left side. Would have tried going after them at sun angle only, as presented would try lightening the dark side a bit more. It is one excellent image, love the perseverance to come up with it !!! ..... I get the same frustration from purple martins !!!

Vincent Grafhorst
06-19-2008, 01:58 PM
I agree that this is a pretty good result, nothing is more difficult than swifts and swallows!

Doug Brown
06-19-2008, 05:40 PM
Congrats! One out of 300 isn't such a bad keeper rate for swifts and swallows. Alfred makes some good points. Thanks for posting!

Arthur Morris
06-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Svetoslav, The image is pretty fantastic. How big a crop was it? You need to improve your Photoshop skills as this image--if optimized properly, can look 100 times better. How do you like my re-post?????