PDA

View Full Version : Violet-Green Swallow

Katie Rupp
06-19-2008, 12:08 AM
Here is my first Violet-Green Swallow and all I had with me was my 24-105L lens! At Mono Lake in California, it's sitting on a Tufa Tower. What a great place, we were just passing through but I'm going back for sure.

Canon 40D; Av f7.1 -1/3; 1/1000; ISO 160; 24-105L @105

Desmond Chan
06-19-2008, 01:01 AM
Hmmm...not sure if the head-angle police would say anything :D:D

Angle of view a bit steep. It would be better if you could shoot it more from the front or the side instead of at an angle behind it. But, you made the best with what you got and presented I supposed. As is, I think the photo could use some pp enhancement to show more details of both the bird and the Tufa Tower.

Lance Peters
06-19-2008, 02:37 AM
Lovely bird. Like the position of the bird in the frame.

I think the head angle police may say something and as desmond mentioned angle is a bit steep. but hey you found a new place to shoot so its all good.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
06-19-2008, 02:59 AM
Hi Katie, Even if the head angle police do say something I am thrilled to be able to see the back of the bird - what gorgeous colours!! We don't see these birds in the UK - thank you for showing me such a beautiful example.

Nonda Surratt
06-19-2008, 07:14 AM
What a pretty bird! Agree with the HAP and angle. Now you know where they are you can go back with a longer lens! Can't wait to see more!

Alfred Forns
06-19-2008, 08:53 AM
HAP filing non compliance report ......... :D:D:D .... resistance is futile you will be assimilated :eek::cool:

I guess if I was there would have like to have a longer focal length but do like what you did. The little guy looks good tucked toward the corner and the massive perch actually works. It is unusual but I like it !!!

SeanKP
06-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Considering the focal length of the lens you had, I think you've done a fabulous job. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with when you have a longer lens.

Oscar Zangroniz
06-19-2008, 12:24 PM
Indeed a beautiful bird Katie, too bad about not having a longer lens.

Harold Davis
06-19-2008, 04:46 PM
that is one beautiful bird, katie!! never seen one!! i would like to see it a little bigger too, but you did a heck of a good job with what you had!!