PDA

View Full Version : Common blue butterfly

Jonathan Ashton
05-26-2017, 11:24 AM
Lying prone, handheld
Canon 1DX Canon 100-400 L IS II & 1.4TC
Auto ISO 1/320 sec f11

Not the best image in the world I have to admit but one which has given me a great deal of satisfaction. These butterflies are in great decline locally and to get this one on my back garden lawn as Clint may have said, " it really made my day". It was a very brief chance with no opportunity to refine angles and composition, a few shots and it was gone.

Steve Kaluski
05-26-2017, 12:06 PM
Now, doesn't that look better??:bg3:

You obviously felt 'Lucky', for a 'grab' shot well done, but I feel you could have got some more SS on side.

Jonathan Ashton
05-26-2017, 04:44 PM
Now, doesn't that look better??:bg3:

You obviously felt 'Lucky', for a 'grab' shot well done, but I feel you could have got some more SS on side.
Agreed, in fact I fired two shots, saw the speed and increased it but this was the best angle which was still less than ideal.

Gabriela Plesea
06-01-2017, 02:48 PM
Jon, after looking at this lovely frame I think I will take my gear to work every morning. I noticed very similar looking butterflies in a barren field behind my pharmacy the other day, they are tiny but so pretty:)

I like the setting here, those OOF flowers enrich this scene tremendously. Not bothered that much with angle, etc., this just works for me as is. Nice DoF, SS a bit on the low side but I do realise you had only seconds to capture this.

Well seen my friend, nice PP work too, nothing common about this Common Butterfly and I so enjoyed viewing:S3:

Kind regards,