PDA

View Full Version : Black-necked Stilt

Joseph Przybyla
05-18-2017, 01:08 PM
I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 400mm
1/2000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV -2/3 ISO 180 AWB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC 2017
Cropped for composition and presentation

Melissa Usrey
05-18-2017, 02:26 PM
I love Stilts so this photo calls to me. I especially like the foot action!

Bill Dix
05-18-2017, 04:15 PM
A lovely shot, Joe. These are such photogenic birds, and you've done justice to this one. The poised foot is a real plus. I wonder if raising the temperature just a tad would help?

Juan Tolentino
05-18-2017, 09:18 PM
Really like this image Joe. Pose and detail are great. The foot and calm water is a plus. My only picture of a Stilt lacks of detail because I was too far away and the bird flew when I was trying to get closer, still waiting for another opportunity. I agree with Bill that the image looks a little cold, but just a little.Thank you for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Colin Driscoll
05-19-2017, 05:07 AM
Lovely clean shot. Don't mind the temperature.

Isaac Grant
05-19-2017, 11:10 PM
Very nice and calm image. Pose is good and I like the raised leg. I love the how the fore and background just blend so well. I agree that the image is on the cold side and the bird has a bit of a blue cast to it which I am guessing is the reflection from the water. The whites and the blacks both look too blue to me and it does not have the deep black and white colors that this bird has. Also the legs on all of the stilts that I have seen are more of a deeper red than the pink of this bird as well. Those are some easy fixes for a lovely image.

Joseph Przybyla
05-20-2017, 08:07 AM
Thanks everyone for viewing, commenting and suggesting improvements. Here is a edit reflecting those suggestions.