PDA

View Full Version : Theme Mum & the awesome foursome

Marc Mol
05-17-2017, 11:23 AM
06.58am.
Mum and her 4 x 4 mth old cubs, 3 male, 1 female, all eyeing up their next meal, a small herd of Thommies that had wandered in behind us.

Patience payed off on this occasion, as we all know just how difficult it is to grab everyone's attention, especially with cheetah.

Ndutu/Serengeti- Northern Tanzania. Bean bag -front pax seat, slight crop for comp, curves, levels, TK adj's in ACR & PS CC'17.

Nikon D500
Nikkor 400 f/2.8E FL VR
1/800s
f/4.5
ISO2200

Cheers
Marc

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
05-17-2017, 11:28 AM
Beautiful Cheetahs Marc. I am so envious :-) but happy for you.
Very cute and love the attention you got from them. Nicely composed and soft colour palate.
Cheers.

Jonathan Ashton
05-17-2017, 12:00 PM
I like the composition Marc. I am just wondering if the faces would look a little more distinctive if some clarity or an extra sharpening was applied??

Stu Bowie
05-17-2017, 02:17 PM
Hi Marc, I like the alert behaviour from all the Cheetah's, all with good eye contact. They were situated perfectly for you to have captured them against the clean distant BG. Lovely soft light too.

Rachel Hollander
05-18-2017, 06:11 AM
Hi Marc - This works very well. It's great that they all cooperated and looked in your direction. I like the soft muted colors (though I see a very slight magenta tinge on the chests that I would remove if mine:S3:) and the layers of the bg. Nice one.

TFS,
Rachel

Gabriela Plesea
05-18-2017, 10:26 AM
Indeed, such a lovely capture Marc!

Well composed and I am so taken with the little character on the RHS of the image whose eyes are right on you:)

Was this early morning, I really like the soft light and layered BG. The mood I perceive here is one of excitement and expectation, judging by the inquisitiveness of the cubs and serious focus from Mom.

Super capture Marc, and I am so happy to see this successful cheetah mom with four little ones, all in great condition. Thank you so much for sharing!

Kind regards,

keith mitchell
05-18-2017, 01:17 PM
Marc you have captured these beautifully with a lovely softness about them along with the lovely light,looks like 1/800 worked very well,I enjoy this.

Keith.

Stuart Philpott
05-19-2017, 07:15 AM
Again Marc just wonderful to view,I adore the dreamy muted pastel colour pallette,the light is just wonderful the little guy on the right caught my eye too,a wonderful frame especially as everyone is facing you.

A complete joy to view made even more special by the number of cubs.One special lady you have their Marc all the luck to her and the kids

Stu

haseeb badar
05-19-2017, 08:56 AM
Excellent image Marc -- Loved the way they are looking . Nice soft light and lovely composition as well .

TFS !

Mike Poole
05-20-2017, 06:44 AM
Lovely capture Marc, a nice compliment to your previous action frame. nice low level POV and to have then all face on to the camera is superb.

Mike

Morkel Erasmus
05-21-2017, 08:39 AM
Nice grouping here Marc - you did spend some lovely time with them.

I am with Rachel on the slight magenta coming through.