PDA

View Full Version : Warbling Vireo

Daniel Cadieux
05-16-2017, 07:24 PM
I had a fun time with a cooperative Warbling Vireo that came down from the tree tops. I especially liked this look-back pose it offered here. I go t a bit lucky as it only held this pose for a second or so!

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/640s., f/8, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, small crop to help the composition, darkened the pupil, removed an overall greenish cast, plus a magenta cast on parts of the plumage. Setup, with audio used.

Isaac Grant
05-16-2017, 09:14 PM
Very pretty shot Dan. Has your look all over it to me. Actually I looked at the thumbnail and said this has to be a Dan shot. All looks great. Love the pose ad the foliage against a perfect background. I don't do nearly enough photography of warblers and vireos. Just don't have good spots nearby when I am free. Saw 25 species of warblers today at my local park and most were high up or just deep in shade. Very envious of this shot and opportunity.

Juan Tolentino
05-16-2017, 09:38 PM
Very nice! I love the pose with the look back. You inspired me to get a setup for when the warblers return. Hopefully I can get a picture similar to this one. Thank you for sharing and all your excellent suggestions and critiques on mine and other participant's pictures.

Michael Thompson
05-17-2017, 08:52 AM
Very nice, perfect post looking back at you, nice budding box elder tree perch. I am curious how you do your set up, do you place a speaker under the perch you hope to get the bird on, and hide nearby with a camera ready ?

gail bisson
05-18-2017, 06:25 AM
This is lovely Daniel.
Nice pose and IQ.
I could see a version with the leaves cloned out at the bottom of the frame if you felt so inclined.
Gail

Daniel Cadieux
05-18-2017, 11:46 AM
Hey guys, thanks!

Michael, in this case the speaker was about same height the perch, placed to the left of it. No hide this time, but it usually works better when concealed in one (a "pop up" style blind works well).