View Full Version : Herring Gull

William Dickson
05-15-2017, 03:31 PM
Canon 1DX
f/4 500mm
f/8
1/4000
ISO 800

This is another one I captured from my balcony.

Will

John Mack
05-15-2017, 05:09 PM
Like the pose on the bird, nice background as well.

Alex Becker
05-15-2017, 07:03 PM
Really nice wing position and HA. I especially like the fanned out tail feathers. I like the tonal shift of the BG but feel the dark green part is just a sliver too small compared to the other areas if that makes sense. Must be pretty fun to photograph these guys off the balcony. TFS

Joseph Przybyla
05-15-2017, 07:52 PM
I want your balcony, although tomorrow I will be heading to the gulf for some beach chair photography. Nice topside view, sharp, nice colors. All works for me, thank you for sharing.

Daniel Cadieux
05-16-2017, 05:47 AM
Nice banking pose, and great colours. A bit of CCW rotation may be needed here as all BG lines seem slightly slanted.

Isaac Grant
05-16-2017, 09:30 PM
Love this. Sweet shot of a very common and mostly overlooked bird. Love the pose and the details are great. I think your horizon line looks level to me but the greenery below is not level. That is a bit of bad luck and I think I agree with how you presented the shot. I love how the gull is still retaining a few of the 3rd year retrices. I think the whites could be a tiny bit more white as they have a slight gray look to me.

Arthur Morris
05-19-2017, 08:19 AM
I like almost everything about this one. I would go wth about a 1 degree CCW rotation even based on the horizon. I would have liked the bird a bit farther back in the frame.

wtih love, artie

David Salem
05-20-2017, 11:44 PM
Great looking frame William! I like the nice colors and details and the swept wing position really gives the sense of speed. Just a bit more room on the bottom for me but otherwise looks nice. Well done