PDA

View Full Version : Jabiru Stork

gail bisson
05-10-2017, 06:06 AM
Taken in Costa Rica.
These massive storks stand 50 to 54 inches tall. They are huge. In Costa Rica there are believed to be only ~40 so I was thrilled when we found 4 of these storks in a small lagoon.
This is 95 % FF.
ISO 1600 SS 1/1250 F 5.6
Canon 1 DX and 600mm
Comments and critiques always learned from and appreciated with thanks,
Gail

Satish Ranadive
05-10-2017, 09:04 AM
Excellent flight shot. Superb wing position. Beautiful colors and very nice composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

annmpacheco
05-10-2017, 09:23 AM
Hi Gail,
What a sweet shot, exposure and IQ is spot on. BG is complimentary as well. The beak from this angle has a nice slope and although very different, reminds me of a shoebill. Well done!

Alex Becker
05-10-2017, 10:18 AM
Wow what a treat that mustve been to see ~10% of them at once! Congrats on both the sighting and nailing this position. Looks sharp and well composed. The BG seems a bit dark to me -- if you lighten that a bit it might help the bird pop but you were there and know the scene. TFS

Isaac Grant
05-10-2017, 08:27 PM
Beautiful look of a bird I have long wanted to see. I love the outstretched neck and legs. A very nice change from the typical shot of them standing in some marshy area. I spent a good deal of time looking for them in Parque Nacional Palo Verde but did not see them. Was at the exact spot where they "always are" but dipped. This photo brings back those memories of the anticipation of seeing a bird that you always wanted to see. Also the agony of defeat as well. :bg3:

Glenn Conlan
05-11-2017, 08:23 PM
You were blessed with the capture of this bird, right time and right place. Well done Gail

David Salem
05-11-2017, 11:38 PM
These guys are so awesome. What a great opportunity for you to Capture such a unique and rare Bird. Looks like the light wasn't the best so lucky that you did get him large in the frame. Nice wing position and the exposure and details good too. Well done Gail

Bill Dix
05-13-2017, 04:55 PM
Fabulous. I felt lucky just to get a few distant looks at these guys. This is a wonderful flight shot of a great bird.