PDA

View Full Version : Tree Swallow Box

Roman Kurywczak
06-18-2008, 04:59 PM
This is my first post in this forum........as I try not to shoot man made elements .........but I like the fact that these boxes are erected by us humans to help save the birds........although it is our fault that they are in this mess.........we're trying at least. Taken at a local park. It was very overcast today and I enjoyed watching the feedings. Both parents were coming in fast and furious. I was also experimenting with high ISO's to see what i could come up with as far as speed. Canon Mark 3 with the Sigma 300-800mm lens at 687mm at f7.1 and 1/3200 sec at ISO 1600 all tripod mounted and manually focused on the chicks face in the box. slight crop on top and right. Noise NInja applied in PP.
As always comments welcomed and appreciated.

Maxis Gamez
06-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Hi Roman,

This works for me very well, specially because the chick is in focus and the open mouth is a HUGE plus. You did well with the BG as well.

Lana Hays
06-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Roman
This works for me as well. Just the right amount of nest box to give a sense of "habitat" along with the open beak of the youngster and the parent flying in. I do notice what looks like a sharpening halo around the head of the youngster and the top of the box. Well done.