PDA

View Full Version : Willet

Juan Tolentino
05-06-2017, 11:10 AM
I captured this image at Fort DeSoto Park, Florida, with the Nikon D500 Handheld and AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm 1-5.6E ED VR
ISO 500
f5.6
1/2000
500mm
Manual Mode
Processed on LR and PS.
Crop < 25%

All C & C's will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking

JT

Stuart Edwards
05-06-2017, 02:43 PM
I like the composition but i think the bird is a little on the dark side , could just be my monitor though.I also think it could use a bit of noise reduction on the background.
One more thing , that bird is a Marbled Godwit.

John Mack
05-06-2017, 03:14 PM
Nice pose on the bird i also like the low angle, good background as well.

Juan Tolentino
05-06-2017, 03:17 PM
Oops, Thank you Stuart, you are right about the bird's name. Will have to wait and see what others think and I could be wrong, But I don't think the picture is dark and I can't see any noise on the background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alex Becker
05-06-2017, 03:29 PM
Hi Juan, like the low angle, nice florida light, head turn and calm. Nice room for the virtual legs as well. To me, the bird looks well exposed. Im wondering what a version would look like without the black band on the top? Not a deal breaker by any means but feels a bit heavy compared to the rest of the BG. TFS

Juan Tolentino
05-06-2017, 04:13 PM
Hi Juan, like the low angle, nice florida light, head turn and calm. Nice room for the virtual legs as well. To me, the bird looks well exposed. Im wondering what a version would look like without the black band on the top? Not a deal breaker by any means but feels a bit heavy compared to the rest of the BG. TFS
Thank you Alex, I thought about removing the black strip and then decided against it since I think framed the bird well, but here's the version you mentioned. I wonder what others think.

gail bisson
05-06-2017, 06:02 PM
Hi Juan,
Perfect head angle on this lovely marbled godwit.
Great POV, nice calm water and tack sharp.
I noticed the bit of black at the top of the frame and agree it should be cropped out as in your repost.
Exposure looks ood to me and I do not see any noise.
Lovely image!
Gail

Joseph Przybyla
05-06-2017, 07:19 PM
I think your repost looks about perfect. Lovely image... thank you for sharing, Juan.

Alex Becker
05-06-2017, 07:49 PM
Thank you Alex, I thought about removing the black strip and then decided against it since I think framed the bird well, but here's the version you mentioned. I wonder what others think.

Thanks for going back and doing a RP -- I like this version more. Very nice frame

Daniel Cadieux
05-07-2017, 07:27 AM
Yes, I like without the darks creeping in at top. Perfect head angle, and separation between the legs. If anything, I'd prefer a bit looser comp, but it is still OK as is. Exposure looks good on my monitor as well.

William Dickson
05-07-2017, 08:15 AM
A very nice image, and I think the RP is spot on. Lovely colours throughout with a great HA

Will

Michael Thompson
05-07-2017, 11:51 AM
Nice color, lighting and feather detail. I love it when I misidentify a bird and it turns out to be something better! mush better without the dark line on top

David Salem
05-07-2017, 11:09 PM
Looks great! Well done on the RP too.

Arthur Morris
05-09-2017, 01:00 PM
Me likes the creeping dark :) The original brightness looked fine and the BKGR looked noise free.

with love, artie