PDA

View Full Version : Mule deer

Jonathan Ashton
05-04-2017, 05:02 PM
Hand held Canon 1DX Canon 500mm f4 L IS & 1.4TC III
Auto ISO 1600, 1/1600 sec f5.6
ACR + PSCC
An image captured last fall in Yellowstone.
Slight recrop for composition and a little eye doctoring. All C&C welcome.

keith mitchell
05-05-2017, 03:14 AM
Very nice alert Deer with it's pricked up ears,some maybe would like to see a bit more leg but I'm happy with this,had a good look at the colours and must say it all looks fine to me,Jon I would be very happy if it was mine.

Keith.

Rachel Hollander
05-05-2017, 06:55 AM
Hi Jon - Colors do look spot on. Nice pose and HA. I do feel that you need a bit more room below for the virtual legs. Nice one.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
05-05-2017, 07:33 AM
Hi Jon -- nice and simple image , with good details , lovely colours as well . Agree with Rachel on some more room at the bottom of the frame. A nice image overall !

TFS !

Gabriela Plesea
05-05-2017, 11:11 AM
Hello Jon,

Lovely alert pose from this deer, colours are great and some really nice textures as well as detail.

I am afraid I too agree about the need of more space on the bottom of the frame (sorry to mention it again). Eye looks great, so do those furry and rather large ears:) Nice PP work, Jon!

Kind regards,

Andreas Liedmann
05-08-2017, 01:22 PM
Hi Jon , a really good shot of the mule deer .
Like the pose and the overall color / tone combo a lot .You have a very nice separation between subject and surroundings even if the BG does look a bit busy, not in your hands for sure :t3

Only thing is the missing space for the legs , very easy to overlook in the field :w3

TFS Andreas

John Mack
06-01-2017, 12:03 PM
Like the alert pose and environment the deer is in.