PDA

View Full Version : Loud Red-Winged Blackbird

Daniel Grossi
04-30-2017, 06:31 PM
The feedback I'm getting from everyone here has been invaluable. My own personal critique on this image... close to really good (given the subject). Solid action, sharp, lighting is a bit harsh and that branch on the left is a little distracting. Composition is solid, color is accurate and it's a lot of fun. All said, what does everyone else think?

D500
Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6e VR @ 500mm
1/640
f/8
ISO-800
Center Weight Average

Cleveland, Ohio
April 2017
Warm and sunny; late morning

Alex Becker
05-01-2017, 09:38 AM
Hi Daniel, I pretty much agree on your own critique. The far twig could easily be cloned out as it is distracting. I also thing the twig below the bird is less than ideal. Light was a bit harsh but I like the open beak calling. I'm not completely sure how I feel about the wing position, its different but also shows off the red shoulders -- I suppose I would like the wings either fully spread or more tucked. Overall I do like this frame though -- TFS

Daniel Grossi
05-01-2017, 11:23 AM
Hi Daniel, I pretty much agree on your own critique. The far twig could easily be cloned out as it is distracting. I also thing the twig below the bird is less than ideal. Light was a bit harsh but I like the open beak calling. I'm not completely sure how I feel about the wing position, its different but also shows off the red shoulders -- I suppose I would like the wings either fully spread or more tucked. Overall I do like this frame though -- TFS

Thanks Alex. As crazy as this sounds, I didn't even catch that branch below the bird? Wing position is certainly... "unique."

Allen Sparks
05-01-2017, 01:42 PM
HI Daniel,
I like this classic singing pose with a view of the red wing patches. Your critique seems good to me and I also agree with Alex on cloning out some of the unneeded branches.
Allen

Daniel Grossi
05-01-2017, 06:59 PM
HI Daniel,
I like this classic singing pose with a view of the red wing patches. Your critique seems good to me and I also agree with Alex on cloning out some of the unneeded branches.
Allen

Thanks Allen! I need to work on re-evaluating the background when I'm shooting.