PDA

View Full Version : Another Killdeer

Jay Ing
04-28-2017, 10:52 PM
Another Killdeer from behind my workplace showed up for my late afternoon photo shoot. Happy I got nice and low (laying' on me belly). Like the light (a touch too hot I think) - but sadly the little runner got a tad past me (not perpendicular to me)... ah well, thems the breaks.

Details: D500 Tamron 150-500 G2, 1/640, f8, 600mm, ISO 250, HH - CS6 and NeatPhoto NR.

Joseph Przybyla
04-29-2017, 06:24 AM
Beautiful bird, Killdeer are neat, they always seem to be on the move. It appears the light was harsh, maybe lowering the contrast would help. I wish I could see the feet or that they are covered by in focus leaves and detritus. Thank you for sharing.

William Dickson
04-29-2017, 08:22 AM
Hi Jay, compared to your last frame, this is miles better. Agree with Joe about less contrast, I would give the bird more room in the frame. The BG looks good and I like the POV. Yes, seeing the feet would be better, but well done on getting this low. A better HA would also make it better. Nice one, well done.

Will

arash_hazeghi
04-29-2017, 01:39 PM
Nice light, I like killdeers and they can be a challenge as they are tiny, you did a good job with the low angle. it was unfortunate the ground was a bit cluttered, these guys are best to photograph on the beach. As you mentioned too he had already passed you a bit, a few moments earlier would have b been ideal. the image has a strong red color cast to it you can reduce it in post while still keeping the warm light ambience

TFS

Jay Ing
04-30-2017, 09:49 AM
Here's with some reduced contrast and a bit of color shift. Enough?