PDA

View Full Version : Black Bellied Plover

John Mack
04-28-2017, 03:19 PM
Black Bellied Plover resting on the beach in overcast conditions. Image adjustments in Lightroom some light retouching in photoshop. Full Frame, Hand Held.

Canon 5D MarkIII
Sigma 150-600
600mm
ISO 400
f5.6
1/1000sec

Jonathan Ashton
04-28-2017, 04:55 PM
This is purely a personal observation so please don't feel you have to agree in any way. A very unusual image, the very bright sand doesn't make for easy viewing. I appreciate it is not overexposed but wonder if the image would be visually more appealing if the lightest elements were less bright? Regarding the bird I would suggest lifting the darkest areas a little and possibly have a look at the eye to bring a little colour and detail.

Daniel Cadieux
04-28-2017, 06:09 PM
Visually quite graphic, in a good way IMO. I do wish for more room all around (but more at left), and either a brighter reflection or a catchlight for the eye would have done wonders. I like the hint of beige along the top.

Allen Sparks
04-28-2017, 10:46 PM
Hi John,
a unique image given the stark contrast in the bird and sand. I like it. Perhaps the blacks could be raised a bit without ruining this unique feel to the image. I also noticed the lack of a catchlight.
Allen