PDA

View Full Version : Male Wood Duck Profile

Daniel Grossi
04-25-2017, 06:25 PM
I think this is my favorite Wood Duck shot thus far. Light is far from perfect and the background is terribly busy. I'll get ya'll a better one eventually.

D500
Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6e VR @ 500mm
1/1000
f/8
-.3 EV
ISO-1600
Spot Metering

Cleveland, Ohio
April 2017
Overcast and Cool

Glenn Conlan
04-25-2017, 07:32 PM
Nice profile shot, but like you said the BG is very distracting

Joseph Przybyla
04-26-2017, 04:59 PM
Beautiful Wood Duck, nice perch. Everything looks good except for the background that you made mention of. It took me a long time to get to where I will pass on a image like this. That doesn't mean I do not enjoy seeing and spending time with the bird, just that I do not click the shutter because I know I will agonizingly delete it afterwards. Thank you for sharing.

Daniel Grossi
04-26-2017, 07:43 PM
Nice profile shot, but like you said the BG is very distracting

Thanks Glenn, my favorite part is how I can see his little teeth.

Daniel Grossi
04-26-2017, 07:49 PM
Beautiful Wood Duck, nice perch. Everything looks good except for the background that you made mention of. It took me a long time to get to where I will pass on a image like this. That doesn't mean I do not enjoy seeing and spending time with the bird, just that I do not click the shutter because I know I will agonizingly delete it afterwards. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for looking and commenting Joseph. I look forward to the day that I see this as something to pass on ha ha ha. I'm slowly coming to terms with the "rules" of wildlife photography. For the longest time I was fine with a busy background provided the subject was clearly separated from it however, it seems most experienced photographers find that... less than good.