PDA

View Full Version : Beach Tractor

David Cowling
04-24-2017, 02:31 PM
Long time since I posted here. Not sure which category this image fell into so feel free to move if necessary. This image is composed of 3 frames taken 1 stop apart and combined in Photoshop using luminosity blending. The tractor is used for launching fishing boats off the beach.

Mitch Carucci
04-30-2017, 02:38 PM
Great perspective and exposure control. Strong image.

Just curious... Do you know what they are fishing for, and do the boats fish in the surf, or head farther out. We used to have commercial fishing (haul seining) in small boats off the beach, but I have not seen that in years...

David Cowling
04-30-2017, 03:19 PM
Hello Mitch. Thanks for your comments. It' a mixed fishing. Crabs and lobster. Mackerel, herring, cod and sea bass are the usual catch at different times of the year. The boats don't venture much more than about half a mile out to sea.

Cheryl Slechta
05-05-2017, 03:26 PM
Hi, David, thanks for posting - it's an interesting slice of life image. I do find the red balloon or ball (?) distracting. What is it? I'd love to see one haul in a boat:S3:

Arthur Morris
05-12-2017, 07:59 AM
I like it a lot. The colors are great and you did great with he HDR. Did you use the PS File > Automate > Photomerge? Had the tractor been been placed a bit further back in the frame it might have added a bit of tension.

with love, artie