PDA

View Full Version : Young Red-Shouldered Hawk

Daniel Grossi
04-23-2017, 07:18 AM
This handsome hawk is pretty popular at a place I frequent often. Whenever he sees me photographing other birds and wildlife he perches nearby to steal the show. He's an attention hog.

D500
Speedlight SB-910 w/ Better Beamer
Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6e VR @ 500mm
1/250
f/8
ISO-100
Spot Metering

Cleveland, Ohio
February 2017
Cold and Partly Cloudy

William Dickson
04-23-2017, 10:52 AM
Welcome to BPN Daniel. I like the pose you have on the bird, and the perch looks good. I feel the image is too tight and needs more room around both bird and perch. The brightness in the BG takes my eye from the bird. Nice feather detail and well captured. I would try for a better BG.

Will

Daniel Grossi
04-23-2017, 10:56 AM
Welcome to BPN Daniel. I like the pose you have on the bird, and the perch looks good. I feel the image is too tight and needs more room around both bird and perch. The brightness in the BG takes my eye from the bird. Nice feather detail and well captured. I would try for a better BG.

Will

Thanks William - I really appreciate the feedback.

David Salem
04-23-2017, 12:33 PM
Nice-looking pose and pretty good-looking details too. I like the good look at the foot and the nice perch. The background has much to be desired though.
Once you have a subject in your viewfinder try moving around a little to better your background if possible. Good work

Daniel Grossi
04-23-2017, 12:53 PM
Nice-looking pose and pretty good-looking details too. I like the good look at the foot and the nice perch. The background has much to be desired though.
Once you have a subject in your viewfinder try moving around a little to better your background if possible. Good work

Thanks for the feedback David. I'll certainly take your advice.

arash_hazeghi
04-24-2017, 12:55 AM
Ditto Dave, I like the pose but the cluttered BG really takes away from this handsome raptor

TFS

Daniel Grossi
04-24-2017, 04:43 PM
Ditto Dave, I like the pose but the cluttered BG really takes away from this handsome raptor

TFS

I'm going to get you guys a good one eventually Arash. Thanks for taking a look.