PDA

View Full Version : Theme Pied-billed Grebe

Joseph Przybyla
04-22-2017, 06:01 PM
I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 400mm
1/1250 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 320 AWB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC 2017
Cropped for composition and presentation

Randy Stout
04-23-2017, 07:32 AM
Joe:

Very nice reflection from the still water, and your shooting angle helped give the nice reflection . I might consider a small crop from the top, to balance out the free space above the birds head and that of the reflection. I find that tends to really increase the impact of a good reflection, better symmetry.

The grebe needs to be rotated just a sliver clockwise, probably a degree or so.

Cheers

Randy

Joseph Przybyla
04-23-2017, 09:40 AM
Joe:

Very nice reflection from the still water, and your shooting angle helped give the nice reflection . I might consider a small crop from the top, to balance out the free space above the birds head and that of the reflection. I find that tends to really increase the impact of a good reflection, better symmetry.

The grebe needs to be rotated just a sliver clockwise, probably a degree or so.

Cheers

Randy

Thank you for viewing, commenting, and suggesting improvements to the image. I revisited the image, changed what your suggested. This repost reflects those changes. Thanks again, Randy.

William Dickson
04-23-2017, 10:54 AM
Yes the crop looks real good Joe. Love the reflection and pose.

Will

Randy Stout
04-23-2017, 01:31 PM
Joe:

I think the repost strengthens the image.

Cheers

Randy

Bill Dix
04-24-2017, 10:04 AM
Perfect mirror reflection, and the crop helps it. I was going to suggest a slight rotation to the OP, but I think you took care of that too. I'm curious; did you remove the second catchlight in the upper image and not in the reflection?

Joseph Przybyla
04-25-2017, 06:11 AM
Perfect mirror reflection, and the crop helps it. I was going to suggest a slight rotation to the OP, but I think you took care of that too. I'm curious; did you remove the second catchlight in the upper image and not in the reflection?

Hi Bill, thank you for viewing and commenting. Looking at the image I must have removed a second catch light. I am going to fix that and repost. Great eyes you have, thank you for catching that.