PDA

View Full Version : Bird's-eye view over Flamingoland

Lorant Voros
04-21-2017, 07:36 PM
I hardly post in the landscape forum, but here is a try again. I took this photo today while flying at 1500m above see level. The reason for the title is all the flamingos that live in the cienaga around the village. Comments are welcome.

1DX
24-70mm
ISO800
f:9
1/1600
Yucatan

Andrew McLachlan
04-22-2017, 11:41 AM
Hi Lorant, a nice scenic view of the land below and I like the light streaming down through the clouds as well. Depending on your preferences for cloning, I think I would be inclined to clone out the two boats. I do see a little curvature to the horizon line, which I think actually works well for this image. Looking forward to seeing more images!

Adhika Lie
04-22-2017, 12:18 PM
Very effective composition here, Lorant! I don't mind the two boats at all. The color of the sea is beautiful, I can only start to imagine how the scene looks like with the flamingoes!

Lorant Voros
04-23-2017, 02:31 PM
Thank you guys for the comments.
I was waiting to have the boats in the image...especially the right side one getting to the harbor. It is a fisherman's village and I feel that the boats are active part of the landscape. I have similar shots without the boats though and I will share some. Thanks again.

Don Railton
04-24-2017, 11:06 PM
Hi Lorant

The boats don't bother me so much either, however the rays of sun I find distracting. Andrew and I agree on the curvature of the earth however, works for me too.. Funny how some see somethings as a positive and others as a negative...:e3 Its a village I would love to visit..

DON